Commercial Vehicle Safety Research Summit
Best Practices for Advancing Safety through Partnerships with Universities
October 30-31, 2018
The Center for Advanced Public Safety (CAPS) is pleased to host the first Southeast CMV Summit. The summit will bring together industry and research personnel who have interests in CMV traffic safety with the goal of heavy interaction among CMV industrial personnel, university researchers as well as others from government and private agencies, to present and discuss those topics that have been found to be the most critical for crash reduction and severity mitigation.
The objectives of the summit are as follows:
- To exchange CMV traffic safety information and new research with neighboring states.
- To discuss state and federal research and emerging technologies on commercial vehicle enforcement activities, and to investigate potential areas of collaboration.
- To share experiences and best practices on a wide variety of subjects, e.g., those related to issues detected in virtual weigh stations.
- To plan and establish joint law enforcement, university, and private industry partnerships for research and technology transfer efforts directed at improving CMV safety.
- To promote CMV safety by helping law enforcement to gain access to university resources able to assist with data analysis, analytics, and related topics, such as optimization and statistical processing.
- To review the design of the CVSP Metrics analytics system (currently under development at CAPS) and plan participation in activities such as beta testing and technology applications.
Conference and Hotel Information
The summit will be held at the Bryant Conference Center located on The University of Alabama campus. A room block has been reserved at the Hotel Capstone, which is adjacent to the conference center. The Hotel Capstone has agreed to offer the Federal per diem rate. Make your reservation here or by calling 1-800-477-BAMA. The deadline for booking at the reduced rate is October 8, 2018.
Visit the location page for further details on the Bryant Conference Center, Hotel Capstone, and visiting Tuscaloosa.