Located only 45 miles from Birmingham, Tuscaloosa combines the feel of a medium-sized community with easy access to big-city conveniences. Getting here is easy, as I-20/59 runs directly through town and links Tuscaloosa to other key Southern cities.
The closest commercial airport to Tuscaloosa is the Birmingham-Shuttlesworth International Airport. It is approximately one-hour drive to Tuscaloosa from the airport. The following shuttle services are available:
- Crown Transportation: (205) 758-3875
All airport rides may be booked online or by phone with one of our booking agents.
- Scuttle Shuttle: (205) 471-7433
Please note shuttle reservations can be booked directly online
Tuscaloosa is located off Interstate 20/59 in West Central Alabama. We recommend using Google Maps or another app-based mapping service such as Waze to get here as you will be alerted to any traffic or construction at the time of your travel.
• “Birmingham Door-to-Door” Shuttle Service: http://www.birminghamdoortodoor.com/ or call 888-349-1544 or 205-591-5550
• ACR Express Shuttle: http://www.acrexpress.net/ or call 662-244-5773.
• Crown Limousine: http://crown-limo.com/airport-transportation.php
• Prestige Limousine: http://www.prestigelimotuscaloosa.com/airport-shuttle.html
• Scuttle Shuttle: https://www.scuttleshuttle.com/ or call 205-471-7433.
Taxi Service To/From Airport
Although it is more expensive than the shuttle service, taxi service is also available from the Birmingham Airport to Tuscaloosa. The cost is approximately $100-120 (plus tip). Taxis are normally waiting outside the baggage claim area of the airport. You should ask the driver for the price and agree to the price before you get in the taxi.
|Alpha/Omega Taxi Service||(205) 242-8936|
|Bianey Nuevo Consepto||(205) 333-8404|
|Deluxe Taxi||(205) 750-9025|
|Dixie Cab Service||(205) 310-2819|
|Druid Cab Company||(205) 345-5688|
|Everett’s Cab Company||(205) 233-1777|
|On Time Transportation||(205) 752-6603|
|Radio Cab Service||(205) 758-2831|
|YellowCab of Tuscaloosa||(205) 331-5016|
There is some funding available through an FMCSA grant with CAPS to help with travel costs. A limited amount of grant funding is available to eligible attendees. For more information, please contact Rhonda Stricklin.