CAPS partnered with the Alabama Department of Revenue (ADOR) to develop two major products to perform real time insurance verification, track ongoing coverage, and manage mailers that are used by registrants to respond to requests for insurance verification:
- Mandatory Liability Insurance (MLI) System
- Online Insurance Verification System (OIVS)
Additionally, the MLI System manages reinstatements and suspensions of registrations related to insurance violations. We upgraded many motor vehicle processes that relied on mainframe technology and contained processes tied to their operations. Today, these systems no longer rely on the mainframe, and all legacy data has been either converted/integrated in to the new system or migrated to a modernized way to access the data. Analytics for the MLI System and OIVS are provided by another CAPS developed system, Alabama Motor Vehicle Title, Registration and Insurance Portal (MVTRIP).
License Plate Management
We developed two products to manage personalized/specialty plates from registrants, including a provision to handle pre-numbered bulk orders from county offices.
- Personalized Tag Reservation System (PROS)
- is a front facing interface used by registrants to reserve a personalized tag that can be redeemed at any county office
- interacts directly with the AIMS system to complete the order and print/mail the tag
- Alabama Inventory Management System (AIMS)
- is a full inventory management system used by county offices to place and receive orders
- has a full warehouse type suite of functionality allowing for management of tags on hand and pending orders
Other Motor Vehicle Products
- Motor Vehicle Dealer License (MVDealer): system for the collection of dealer license applications from motor vehicle dealers and the administration of licenses. Its web interface:
- is used by dealers and ADOR administrators
- interacts with insurance registration information web service and a payment service developed by Alabama Interactive.
- Commercial Vehicle Information Exchange Window (CVIEW): a state-based electronic data exchange system that provide carrier, vehicle, and driver safety and credential information to fixed and mobile roadside inspection stations, state agencies, and other third party users