NDSU-UGPTI-CVSC Sponsored Webinars
Please join us Tuesday, March 5th, 2019 at 11:00 am – 12:30 pm Eastern Time for the second in a series of NDSU-UGPTI-CVSC follow-up webinars from the Western Commercial Vehicle Safety and CDL Compliance Summit held this past November.
The webinar will discuss Impacts of Cannabis Legalization with speakers from both the Canadian Council of Motor Transport Administrators (CCMTA) and the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA). This is a follow-up to the discussion at the Summit opening plenary session regarding the Decriminalization of Marijuana and its Impact on Drivers, and further information is below.
You can use your computer to listen or dial in using your phone. The toll-free number is 1-240-454-0887. Use the access code: 668 487 294.
Date: March 5, 2019 // Time: 11:00am-12:30pm Eastern Time// Webinar Access Link: https://bit.ly/2Exfzee
- Representatives from the Canadian Council of Motor Transport Administrators (CCMTA) will discuss the role of CCMTA working with the Canadian jurisdictions as they prepared for cannabis legalization, and future considerations.
- Representatives from the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) will provide an update regarding the Drug and Alcohol Clearinghouse; particularly what actions Canadian drivers, operating in the U.S., will need to take within the Clearinghouse. In addition, they will request insight on how to expand outreach to the impacted drivers.
- Audience questions and discussion.
- Brad Holland, Vice President, CCMTA
- Christine Le Grand, Programs Manager, Program committee on Road Safety Research and Policies, CCMTA
- Barbara Baker, Transportation Specialist, Compliance Division, FMCSA
- Gian (Gee) Marshall, Management Analyst, Office of Enforcement, FMCSA
**Please register before the webinar under Event Status**
CV-STAC Sponsored Webinars
UMassSafe’s Commercial Vehicle-Safety Technical Assistance Center (CV-STAC) is a resource for assisting law enforcement, state driver’s license agencies, and universities in the development and expansion of partnerships and programs promoting commercial motor vehicle (CMV) safety and commercial driver’s license (CDL) compliance. CV-STAC is hosting a nine week webinar series that will provide information and stimulate dialogue on innovative initiatives and best practices on commercial drivers’ license compliance and safety. Speakers from across the country will present research and program findings, as well as future trends. You can join by computer at https://zoom.us/j/960185128 or by phone: (646) 558-8656. The meeting ID for all webinars is: 960 185 128. Each will begin at 1:00 PM (EST).
March 6th – Autonomous Vehicles and CDL: Legislation and Regulatory Implications, Bob Rowland, MA Registry of Motor Vehicles
March 13th – Troops in Trucks, Greg Escobar, Virginia DMV, Veteran Services Program
March 20th – REACH – eCVSP Metrics Monitoring Project, Jeremy Pate, Center for Advanced Public Safety, University of Alabama
March 27th – Online Forum – Bridging the Gap: How Universities, Law Enforcement and State Drivers Licensing Agencies Can Share Resources, Utilize Expertise, and Improve CMV Safety, UMassSafe