IDEAS WORTH EATING
What is Dine.Net?
It’s a chance for every member of CAPS to collect in one place to share knowledge and ideas over lunch. Food will be provided, and after everyone has begun eating, our monthly featured speaker will get up and present a topic of his or her choosing. It doesn’t have to be technical, it just has to be engaging and informative. Think of it as TED talks with free food!
Who is invited to Dine.Net?
Every member of CAPS (technical and non-technical) is invited to attend the sessions! Everyone is welcome to come eat and socialize, and all are encouraged (but not required) to stay and hear our speakers present their topic.
Who will be the monthly featured speakers?
The first few speakers were some of our very own staff members, but we plan to eventually expand to have a sprinkling of professionals from a variety of fields come and present their topics and ideas. Do you have a topic worth sharing and would like to be a featured speaker? Shoot Derrick Lewis an email and he will contact you to make arrangements.
How often will we have Dine.Net sessions?
We aim to have sessions of the Dine.Net series once a month. Depending on participation and momentum, the frequency of the sessions may fluctuate.
Watch the Latest Presentation
- Surfing the Agile Waterfall, presented by Chris Sims
- New Tech, presented by Ron Davidson, Dell Representative
- Bundling and Minification in ASP.Net 4.5, presented by Todd Miranda
- D3.js, presented by Chris Sims
- Knockout.js, presented by Zach Parker
- CAPS Mobile Squad Tech Demo, presented by Matt York
- Caliburn.Micro, presented by Kevin McQuary
- T4: Salvation from Hand Writing Boring, Repetitive Code, presented by Jeremy Pate View flickr gallery
- Secure Software Development Life Cycle (S-SDLC), presented by Vaughn Poe View flickr gallery | Watch the presentation
- How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Grant Process, presented by Laura Myers
View flickr gallery | Watch the presentation