RESCUE is data entry software for EMS run data to be used on a laptop in ambulances and emergency response vehicles. RESCUE includes an electronic transmission procedure that immediately transfers the data into a database at the State’s central repository. RESCUE is under development at the Center for Advanced Public Safety (CAPS) at the University of Alabama. CAPS is collaborating with the Office of EMS and Trauma within the Alabama Department of Public Health.
The State of Alabama Office of EMS and Trauma plans to provide the RESCUE software to any Alabama EMS agency that desires to use it at no cost to the agency. The goal is that RESCUE will be used statewide over the course of time. If agencies use other software, a web service and web application will be provided so that agencies may submit valid NEMSIS 3 data.
This project is sponsored by the Alabama Office of Highway Safety.
- NEMSIS 3 compliant electronic Patient Care Report (ePCR) form
- Over 570 data elements
- Driver’s license barcode and magnetic stripe scanning
- Auto-Population of Demographic and GPS information
- XML Schema and Schematron Validation to minimize errors
- Improved data quality
- Electronic submission allows for paperless system
- Eliminates redundant data entry
- Greatly improved timeliness of data
- Windows XP, Vista, Win 7 & 8 compatible
- Written in Microsoft .NET 4
- SQLite database